Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rainy Days!

Today's Ecommerce exam was ok considering I hadnt spent much time
going through what I suppose should have been enough for a easy
write-through! Halfway past the exam, it started to rain heavily with
gusty winds! A spray of water came from a half-open window nearby
which was immediately shut down by a classmate of mine to prevent the
papers from getting wet!

From the third-floor where we sat, we could see the winds lashing at
the tree tops which were incessantly swaying from one extreme to
another! Looked as if most of them would come down, but after a brief
blast, sy about 20 minutes, the rains subsided into an eerie calm. I
finished the exam and walked in the light drizzle outside and bought a
chocolate bar to satisfy my hunger. Then after meeting everybody and a
few byes, I was on my way home.

It was only after seeing the heavy traffic and the reason behind it,
did I get to see the effect of that short cloudburst! Around three
trees along a very short stretch on the busy Avinashi Road had fallen
right on the middle of the road and there were policemen all around
clearing the mess. One truck driver was unfortunate enough to have a
tree fall on his cargo! There was a huge traffic jam and I was lucky
enough to get out of it before things got worse.. Then it started
raining again! Then it too subsided.. Dropped maddy.. picked up my
sister on the way back.. and came home.. and now. My nose feels kinda
funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home