Sunday, May 07, 2006

Check your Spam/Bulk folder before trashing it!

With reference to my previous post on spamming, though Yahoo's SpamGuard does an excellent job in identifying spam and moving it to a bulk/spam folder. Occasionally, some legitimate mail gets marked as spam.

One of my friends, who has been co-placed with me in a company was supposed to have been intimated by the company. I got a phone call and my part was through, but he apparently never received either phone call or email. It was only after about a week that he found that the mail which required an immediate response and of which he thought had never been sent was lying in his spam box! He sent an immediate reply and luckily, it wasn't too late!

So, its always best to atleast go through the senders and subjects before emptying your spam box! As you never might know, something very important may be lost!

PS:- Yahoo marked its own notifier from Yahoo groups as spam! Way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home