Monday, May 22, 2006

Yahoo Answers, whats all the din about?

I have noticed that Yahoo has begun advertising Yahoo Answers in a major way with a link or an ad appearing in most of its services like mail, groups etc. What will they get out of it!! I mean what is the use of advertising this service in such a great way!

Flickr, the photo service from Yahoo is good, but I haven't seen a lot of ads for that on the Yahoo Network. But Answers, its nothing to create all the ruckus about! The service is great and interesting, but the users tend to ask stupid and non-sensical questions that may not be of any interest to the third person reading, Ask Yahoo! is a lot better when it comes to gaining some knowledge as the questions are all logical and reasonable instead of nerdy user questions on Ask Yahoo like
  • wats the average weight for a 15 year old female?
  • What Do You Like To Add To Ramen Noodles?
  • how do I make a long distance phone call from Tijuana to Monterrey, Mexico??
A boring way to waste time?? Also, they give you points for answering questions and choosing answers. I admit that I was hooked for about two days when I wanted to be the first one to give reasonable answers to other reasonable questions, but I lost interest pretty fast!! I dont see ads on the pages too, I wonder what Yahoo gets out of this?!

My only question on Yahoo Answers!

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, May 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did u try http://www.answers.com

 
At 12:04 AM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

Yeah, thats pretty neat.. :-)

 
At 3:20 PM, May 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes.. very good suggestion.. to seek an answer for a question there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home