Wednesday, May 10, 2006

HCL Infinet Nokia Customer Care sucks!

I got back my mobile phone that got screwed today after waiting for nearly an hour and a half in the waiting hall and two weeks in total. A bluetooth problem that had to be rectified at Hyderabad. Baa.. What a day!

The estimated time for delivery was "1 day" in the Job sheet. They informed that it would take more time as they had to send it to Hyderabad to meddle something and see if they could get it to work. Today, I went over, after nearly fifteen days, and waited half an hour to get the mobile. And surprise of surprises, the software hadn't been updated and they just gave it to me just like that! Imagine! They did the same thing the previous time when an Ass by name Madhu was there. He came out and started shouting when I opposed without even trying to find out the reason. That time around, I wasnt sure about the latest software version. But this time around, I had a few friends of mine who had recently purchased the same handset and hence could compare the version with theirs and could find that mine was old, over a year old.

Then I had to wait for another 45 minutes to get the software updated and they apologised saying that they overlooked it since the handset came from Hyderabad.

Now here is the funny part. They had a notice of sorts stuck near the delivery counter that had the numbers and email addresses of The Regional, Zonal and National Managers for any grievances. I noticed it the first time I went there, but now it was missing. I requested that information, but the Girl at the counter said that type of information cannot be revealed!! Ha ha ha! I tried visiting the HCL Infinet site, but there is no way to connect with the managers, Maybe I am looking at the wrong site, who knows anyways!

4 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, May 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by Thiyagaraj.

 
At 3:41 PM, August 14, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

yes you are absolutely right buddy. nokia care sucksss..... even i got my cel back after waiting 2 months. and now the replaced set is again went to its homeplace..haha nokia care... i dnt know how nokia allows these ppl to see customr probs... these ppl shud go to their wives and solve their fuckin probs... bloddy care of nokia

 
At 1:06 PM, April 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is true i hold N70 music series, even my handset had the problem of software & battery back up. Softwear problem os solved but battery backup is still there i regularly visit nokia care for the same thing & always have the same ans. we don't have the battery in stock & i am facing this problem from last 2 months above that now the camera is not working properly. Again i visited there & i have submit the phone I asked the executive to please make the backup of my data in my memory card, he replied ( i don't have time ), this idiots have no manners how to speak with costomers.

 
At 1:39 PM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nokia Customer Service Sucks !

Guwahat, Assam, INDIA, the 24th June 2008 : Recently, the microphone of my Nokia E90 handset (which I bought in February 2008) wouldn’t pick up my voice when I dial or receive a call and I had the “pleasure????” of experiencing the after sales service of Nokia India, the most popular and largest mobile handset company in India. It was a nightmare to say the least !

On 21st June 2008 (Saturday) at 2 pm in the afternoon, I walked into the Nokia Care (the authorized service centre of Nokia) located at Garima Grand Building, Dr. B. Baruah Road, Ulubari, Guwahati, Assam, INDIA – 781 007. As soon as walked in I saw about 40 odd customers (mostly men) waiting………….!!!!! for their turn to be attended by Nokia Customer Service Executives. My first impression was “Oh, God ! is this the rate at which Nokia phones are developing problems?” I was perplexed because I held Nokia in very high esteem (till that day!) because it is the most technologically superior company in the mobile handset market. I pondered again and explained to myself that may be because they have 62.5% market share (survey by Voice & Data, Y2007-08) and hence the crowd is big !

Gathering myself, I walked up to the Security Guard who handed me a coupon printed ‘134’ which was my serial number to meet the Customer Service Executive who would listen to my problem and receive my handset for repair. On my enquiry the Guard told me that the serial number ‘92’ was being attended to, at the moment. The serial numbers were moving very slowly and couple of customers sitting next to me told that they had been waiting for their turn for the past 2 hours ! For couple of them it was their second visit to Nokia Care in a weeks’ time as their phones were returned without satisfactory repairing work! For a moment, I thought of leaving but again I did not want to go to an Unauthorized service personnel with my Nokia E90 which cost me a fortune just 4 months ago. So, I had no option but to succumb and wait and be held hostage by Nokia for next 2 (two) hours ! I had a couple of other things planned for the Saturday afternoon but I dropped everything. We have been enslaved by technology and by these companies and they have made us so dependent on them !

As I was waiting, I observed that there were 7 (seven) counters set up for receiving faulty handsets from customers but only 2 (two) were operational and hence the queue of 40 odd customers waiting at any given point of time. This is ridiculous !!! ….very unbecoming of a company like Nokia which is the technology leader and commands 62.5% market share. I have not heard of any product category where the market leader alone would command as much as 62.5% market share. I am sure everybody at Nokia is PROUD of this. But, they should be equally EMBARRASSED for making their customers wait for 2 long hours, just to deposit their faulty handsets for repair. Is Nokia being COMPLACENT? If that be so, I am afraid, the history will prove them wrong.

While waiting I even spoke over phone to a Nokia Company representative by the name of ‘Sachin” who took the call on Sudha’s cell phone (I hope he told me his real name) and told him that Nokia urgently needs to spruce up its customer care at Guwahati and DO AWAY WITH FRANCHISEES WHO CANNOT PROVIDE ADEQUATE AND HASSTLE FREE SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMERS !

Finally, my turn to meet the customer service executive came at 4.15pm, after a full two hours fifteen minutes of waiting …….!!!!! They took my phone and asked me to come back on Tuesday (24the June 2008) evening …… after a full three days !! Prior to this experience, I was one of biggest fans of Nokia for bringing to customers a technologically superior product. But, not after this experience ! Though I still admire their technological leadership but beware Nokia Customers …..their after sales service really SUCKS ! ….”Nokia Care” DOESN”T CARE ! IT SUCKS !!!

Today is Tuesday the 24th June 2008……..I am going to Nokia Care in the evening ……I hope they deliver my phone in time and salvage some of their lost pride !!!

(This Unfortunate Nokia Customer can be contacted at dancing_kangaro@yahoo.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home