Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cricket after a long time!

I was just relaxing back home in the late afternoon and planning to take a nap when Ashakir and the other guys called me and asked me to come over to Anvar's house immediately as all were there. I reluctantly got ready since I wanted some sleep, the weather was cloudy and nice and just as soon as I started on my two wheeler, it began to drizzle!! I thought of turning back, but since it was windy, I figured the rain would abate soon. But it didn't and by the time I reached the place, I was soaking wet! But my back was dry! Made me think of day and night on earth! Ha ha!

Then these guys were all laughs at seeing my predicament. Then they suggested that we play a game of cricket in the parking lot of Anvar's place that was big enough to play a decent game. It was still drizzling, but by the time we had the stumps up, it had stopped and the sun showed up brilliant than ever! We had quite a nice time making fun of Anvar who was the butt of all jokes that we made! Then we decided to have a snack outside and also to have a "Gola" which is a slush, made from crushed ice and topped with some essence and some spices and condiments, with a stick to hold it as we relish its tasty goodness!! My mouth is waterings as I type!! You should try it out some day. We had some snacks and then, we decided to book tickets for a movie, Pudhupettai which was releasing tomorrow. We reached the place after a small hiatus on the road and we were disappointed to know that only second class tickets was available, but considering the small size of the Senthil-Kumaran theatre, it wouldn't make much of a difference!!

But by the time we responded, even those tickets were sold out! Drat! We aren't exactly great fans of Dhanush, the protagonist in the movie, we just wanted to spend some time tomorrow when it will get so boring in the afternoon. Then we started again to have our delectable "Gola"

But surprises of surprises, the Gola Guy wasnt there!! He is a small vendor at the side of an eatery who was missing now! It has been quite some months since we had a Gola there and we had no clue where he was, sadly. Might be he packed up for the day or perhaps moved to a better place, and we returned home, minus our Gola!

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, February 05, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we are busy with work we completely forget the School days, College days, I mean playing Cricket.
send flowers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home