Wednesday, May 31, 2006

May 31st

Today, one of my friends who had been recently inducted in a company got her first salary and she was very excited about the whole thing! I cant wait to get my first salary too!! The first fast bucks in our hands, which we can spend or save or do anything that pleases us!! But I guess it makes us feel more responsible the moment we get some responsibility such as accountability of money!

Now, after getting their own salaries, people should begin to understand the true meaning of hard earned money, where each rupee spent is properly planned and executed. I got my first money when I started professional web development freelancing way back when I was in the eleventh standard when I designed a website for a school called Geetanjali Matric. The order was an outsourced one and I had received seven hundred and fifty as an advance payment!! My joy knew no bounds when I took the money home and gave it to my mom - "Keep this for your expenses!"

She refused to take it, but I cannot forget all the times when she spoke with relatives and other well-wishers when they came home or over the phone of how her little boy had started helping out with some money!

Now, five years and dozens of projects later, I doubt that I would have the same excitement when I receive my first salary, though it would be just as special!

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First times are always special. Amazing thing about it is that, just when u begin to think u've got it all, u'll suddenly realize there are a "lot" more first times waiting for u..

 
At 3:42 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

I completely agree.. :-)

 
At 2:06 PM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. U r right. But I never had a feeling of spending my hard earned money at all, as I didnt feel like working hard for earning that money hahaha... of course smart work I do... :)

 
At 4:09 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

@Mahen
You'll reach great heights for sure!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home