Monday, May 29, 2006

The Right to get a reply????

One of my juniors had mailed me about four times and seeing that he hadnt obtained a reply(within an hour) immediately took to my blog, commenting in it and asking me whether I "dont receive any email" and that he was waiting for my reply and that he had mailed me four times(some duplicate mail since he did not get a reply).

Is it an obligation to respond on time to email received? Email is something that just makes communication a whole lot faster and easier. But when you possess a personal email and somebody emails you, I know it would only be polite if you replied, but if it was someone whom you dont remember meeting and he/she was asking some questions irrelevant and not logical to you, would it be an obligation to reply??

Is anybody paying me to do that??? Hrrmmph! Somebody ought to teach him to be polite.
I can just tell balls to you and continue with my work, but I know better to be polite. These days, people need a lot to learn.

One of the things he wanted to know was whether I was the first mark in my class and he wanted to satisfy himself that I wasn't! Who cares more anyway!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u have it in u to become a "project manager".. ;)

 
At 3:37 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

Hmmm.. I cant figure out in what sense you meant "Project Manager" :-P Coz, From a lot of flabbergasted pals, Project managers are people who loaf about nothing in particular!!! Though it varies across different workplaces.. Hmmm.. :-P ;-) Hope you didnt mean that.. ;-)

 
At 3:51 PM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PMs have this wonderful attitude of not replying to mails. After sending 3-4 "gentle reminders" u would go and ask them in person, and then they'll say "Oh, u sent me a mail?"

There are faults with ur junior also. But I would still feel u could have replied something.

 
At 11:48 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

@Kishore

No Kishore, I was actively replying to some "threads" of his through email. And everything was going on fine! But he was expecting me to reply very soon(see first line of entry)!! I usually reply as soon as I come online to anybody who has emailed me, but when I saw the comments on my blog pertaining to my 'replies', it annoyed me so much so as to spawn this particular post! I replied to his email after that too asking him to be polite! And he apologised, but I just wanted to know if its an obligation to reply to mail immediately and hence this post! :-)

 
At 10:21 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home