Friday, June 16, 2006

Monopoly sucks

With the Football World Cup fever at its peak, I consider myself lucky that my Cable TV provider, SCV, has decided to air ESPN on which the matches are shown live. For over two years, some channels were not provided here at Coimbatore since they were pay channels and not everyone was willing to pay for it. And with the absence of Set-top boxes, we cannot individually ask for the channels to be provided as there was no way for custom downlinks.

I lost two years of Formula 1. Two full seasons since Star Sports, the official broadcaster wasn't provided here. I wasn't interested to follow the happenings online as the thrill of watching a live race is absent. :-(

Ofcourse, it was my mistake of not going in for a Direct-to-home connection like Dish TV.

But anyways, as of now, they are temporarily providing ESPN and I can watch the football matches. Peace. And my dad has announced that we'll be going in for a DTH connection soon. :-D Sadly I'll be far away..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home