Friday, July 07, 2006

To the moon and back

Well, it almost seemed like one!

I was on an offhand trip to Bangalore last Tuesday! I left by the Intercity and after a what-seemed-like-a-never-ending journey, finally reached Bangalore! The main reason for me to go there for such a short trip was to get accustomed a bit to the locality where I'll stay at, so as to make my next arrival with dad a bit easier and also to carry some heavy stuff here. My friend Ashakir caught me at the station, took me home, had a late dinner and slept nicely!

The next day, he left for college and me being alone, started on foot to explore. I kept looking for landmarks as I trudged on, after a point of no return, I guessed I was almost a semi-circle from the place where I started and decided to make it a full normal circle! And without knowing what I had in store, trotted off again and finally, I guessed right and reached the place, by now my legs were aching real bad. I got myself a phone number for use at Bangalore and went back home and slept after a small dinner.

My friend came back later than he was supposed to and we started hastily to his Uncle's place where he was to pick some stuff, He was coming with me on the way back! We just made it on time to the station to catch the 10:05 Kurla Express when we realised that the train was delayed by over seven hours and was expected to arrive by 4:55 AM. This due to the incessant rains at Mumbai, the starting point of this train! After a few thoughts, we decided to go back to his uncle's place and watch Portugal vs France. But considering the places we roamed earlier, it was tiring and both of us were dozing in no time

Then we woke up around 3:30 AM, got ready and came back to the Railway Station, and to our dismay, noted that the train would arrive at 6:25 AM. We waited in the lounge, along with some others. The time was updated again and the train arrived at last at 6:45. We boarded it and it started around 7:30AM. Whew! I reached Coimbatore at 2:30 PM.

Home sweet home at last!

Today, I went shopping in the evening and got myself some formals, something which I dont possess now! Gave it to a good tailor and my tummy has grown too, I need to exercise! I have a little more that a week to start for the next state of my life. To take up my job! Boy ain't I excited!

5 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, July 08, 2006, Blogger Jass said...

Yo ! I spotted a typo ! :p

"...ave it to a good tailor and my tummy has grown to, I need to exce.."

shud be "tummy has grown too

 
At 1:28 AM, July 08, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

@Jass
Thanks! Corrected.. :-P

 
At 8:57 PM, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, u were here in blore? Sollave illa... First time u'll be staying away from home, huh?

Welcome to blore! And good wishes for ur corporate life!! This will be an exciting adventure... :)

 
At 10:23 AM, July 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best. Where are you joining?

 
At 12:47 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Thiya said...

@Kishore
Yeah.. :-( First time away from home.. :-(
:-) Thanks for your wishes!

@Mahen
Joining at Subramanya Arcade, IBM. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home